“Eating is a paradox and a mystery that our ancestors tried and modern scientists are trying to solve.” Food is perhaps the only source from where we gain energy and nutrition. There is a great link between food and health. Every one of us knows that healthy food is the key to good health. But, very few of us know that what exactly a healthy food is. Healthy food is a diet full of all nutrients. A healthy diet should contain lots of vegetables and fruits, some starchy foods such as bread, cereal and pasta, some foods rich in proteins such as meat, eggs, and pulses and last but not the least some dairy products.
A healthy diet helps to fight against the diseases. Some people while trying to lose their weight strive themselves. This poses a serious threat to their health. Striving do helps in reducing weight, but it also decreases the body’s metabolism. Eating right is the only success formula behind staying healthy. Staying healthy means taking good care of your body which goes beyond looking great and feeling great; it also ensures that your body is functioning properly. Healthy foods are not only good for health but they are also great mind boosters.
“Health is the key to all happiness.” A survey published by Probiotic Drinks Company revealed that nearly one-third of people of 55 years of age with good health were truly happy. World is a better place for people who are healthy and hearty. People who are not healthy are not able to enjoy their life to a full extent.
With the rise in health problems such as obesity, diabetes and heart diseases there is a growing concern about the diets which are healthy.
The following healthy foods are a great source of nutrients:
• Watermelon: Watermelon is rich in proteins, carbohydrates, fiber, potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, riboflavin and niacin. It is a great disease fighter.
• Broccoli: It’s well-known antioxidants and phytochemicals help to fight against cancer. It helps in the removal of estrogen from the body. Broccoli has a great anti-viral and anti-ulcer activity. It also helps to regulate insulin and blood sugar. It is often advised to eat broccoli with ginger or garlic to control gas-production.
• Tomatoes: A tomato is a good source of calcium and iron. It is a good choice for weight loss, obesity, eye disorders, night blindness, urinary tract information, jaundice and diabetes. It also helps to cleanse the toxins of the body.
• Carrots: Carrot is an excellent source of beta-carotene. It also has Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin B. It is good for arthritis, diarrhea, indigestion and skin care.
• Pineapple: Pineapple is rich in Vitamin B6, Thiamin, Vitamin C and manganese. It also helps in fighting against many serious diseases.
These were some of the world’s healthiest foods.